Visitors to the main museum in Springfield are treated to world renowned natural history exhibits and a wonderful view of the arts within and beyond Illinois' borders. Educational programs, films, and special events enhance the changing exhibitions.
For more information about Springfield, contact the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- No food, beverages (other than water in a sealed container), gum or candy are allowed in the museum.
- Backpacks are not allowed in the galleries.
- Photographs may be taken in all areas except the Art Gallery (depending on the exhibition).
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- A coat room, wheelchairs, and strollers are available for visitor use.