Visitors to the main museum in Springfield are treated to world renowned natural history exhibits and a wonderful view of the arts within and beyond Illinois' borders. Educational programs, films, and special events enhance the changing exhibitions.
For more information about Springfield, contact the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- All visitors (over age two who can medically tolerate a mask) will be required to wear a face covering at all times. All masks must be made from a solid material, preferably with more than one layer, and cannot have exhalation valves or vents.
- All visitors have their temperature taken (contactless) and answer a few health questions.
- Visitors are asked to distance themselves at least 6 feet from those in other parties and to refrain from touching surfaces wherever possible.
- No food, beverages (other than water in a sealed container), gum or candy are allowed in the museum.
- Backpacks are not allowed in the galleries.
- Photographs may be taken in all areas except the Art Gallery (depending on the exhibition).
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities. Water fountains are not available due to COVID-19 precautions.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- A coat room, wheelchairs, and strollers are available for visitor use.
- Strollers are not available for checkout during this time due to COVID-19 precautions.